When It Comes To Friends: I WIN.

If friendship were a contest, I am 100% certain that I would win.  Seriously.  Last weekend reaffirmed what I have known to be true for some time now... I have the best group of girlfriends possible.

Last weekend, we met up in the Windy City to celebrate my 23rd birthday and to send Ola off to Poland in true Chicago fashion.  Kate was gracious enough to open the doors of her fabulous new apartment to us (not that she had a choice) and we spent our time sipping cocktails, catching up and remembering when.  Long story short:  We had an absolute blast.  There was hysterical laughing, way too many tears and more than a few moments where we would think to ourselves that we really are some of the luckiest girls in the world to have found each other.  I found myself thinking on my drive back home that it's pretty incredible when you actually think about what it took for me to find my way to such awesome people.  I have had close friends for as long as I can remember, but only a few totally and completely know me the way these girls do.  When you boil it down, that's what friendship is supposed to be about.  Your friends are the people you choose to be around purely because you enjoy their company and, quite simply, when you're around them you are the best version of yourself.

I have found since I've been back in Indy that holding on to little things like that has made it that much easier to realize how lucky I really am.  I've got a great life and I'm pretty darn happy with the fact that I have such amazing people in it to constantly remind me of what really matters. :)

Comments