Pay It Forward Friday!

First of all, it's Friday... So happy day to all of you!  I'm going to keep this short and sweet but I just HAD to share my morning.  It was already off to a great start because, well, it's Friday and today is the day I get to go visit my cousin Josh, his wife Lori and their adorable new puppy Dublin in Annapolis for the weekend.  After dropping my friend off at Brebeuf this morning, I stopped to go through the Starbucks Drive-Thru on my way to work. I waited in line for 10 minutes, pulled up to the window and reached for my wallet, only to have the Starbucks girl tell me:

"The woman in the car in front of you actually paid for your Starbucks today."

WHAT?!

I have heard of this happening but today was the very first time it has happened to me.  And it was wonderful.  Just like that, a venti unsweetened iced tea and a breakfast sandwich took my day from good to great.  I turned around and paid for the car behind me, and drove off with a huge smile on my face.

I think there's something to be said for random acts of kindness.  The world needs more of them, that's for sure.  I think it's easy to forget how simple it can be to turn someone's day around.  It doesn't take a lot of effort.  Maybe it's smiling at the elderly person at the grocery store or sending a text to a friend you haven't talked to in a while.  Maybe it comes down to four $1 bills and a couple of pennies in the Starbucks line.  Whatever.

Moral of the story?  Pay it forward.  :)

Comments