Happy Birthday, Daddy

For most of you, today is just the Friday before Christmas weekend.  Work is slowing down (for some) and you're finishing up your gift shopping, maybe you're taking a drive or a walk to take in all the pretty lights.  But today, I'm celebrating the birthday of the most important man in my life. 

It's hard to try to find the words to express how much I love and admire my dad.  And to be honest, I don't really think that my words will do it justice today.  So at risk of being redundant, I'll reiterate what I wrote in my Father's Day post back in June:

My dad is my friend.  He's the person I can call to pout to when I'm having a crappy day, he's the person who makes me feel better when I'm convinced I'm wearing the most hideous outfit on the planet.  He has taught me about the stock market and how to invest, how to keep a budget (through trial and error, but still).  He's the person I always look forward to seeing when I get to the office every day.  He has shown me just how rewarding it is to work hard, and how fulfilling it can be when you're doing something you love.  He has loved my mom to an amazing degree, and because of that, I refuse to settle.  He is fun, he's goofy, and most importantly, even when he's not, he's always on my side.

It's all still true.  And even more so now that I'm a whopping 6 months older.  I don't think you can truly appreciate who your parents are and just how much they've done for you until you get older.  I am constantly recognizing the sacrifices they've made and the little things they've done to help shape me into the person I am.  I'm constantly evolving and that's largely due to the ever-present and always positive influence of my dad in my life.

So cheers to you on your birthday, Daddy-o.  I love you so much!

Comments